The 3 part framework for making it through hard times during medical training with Dr. Amber Borucki
September 25, 2023
Elisha Peterson MD MEd FAAP FASA
Welcome back to Sevo sistas! In today's episode, we're diving deep into a topic that's particularly relevant to healthcare professionals: how to navigate and persevere through challenging times. We've put together a valuable 3-part framework to help anesthesiologists thrive in adversity.
Segment 1: Be intentional on bringing joy into your day
- Cannot assume anyone else can take care of you better than you
- Bring into your world that which brings you joy and peace
Segment 2: It takes a village
- Highlight the role of support networks, including colleagues, mentors, and professional organizations.
Segment 3: Transform inside and out
- Environment trumps will. If your environment does not support your growth during your difficult time- you must change the environment.
- Sometimes something as simple as a haircut or change in hair color can uplift your mood and remind you that you are a new person now.
- Summarize the 3-part framework for navigating hard times:
- How can you bring light into the darkness on a regular basis?
- Who is in your community? Is it a health community?
- Does how you feel on the inside align with what you see in the mirror? Is it time for a change in hair or wardrobe?
- If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe, leave a review, and share it with your colleagues and friends.
- Remember, hard times are a part of life, but with the right mindset and strategies, we can not only survive but also thrive.
- Stay tuned for our next episode
Want to keep the convo going? Join our FB group!
Have a burning question? A concern? A controversy or issue you want to hear covered? We got you, boo!
Leave a voice message at 202 743 1404. We will play your recording on the podcast and address your topic (if you don't want it played just say it in the voicemail, we will still cover your topic!). This podcast is for you and we want to include you on this journey! Hope to hear from you soon